The energy industry is experiencing rapid changes in production and delivery to consumers. In the near future, the utility industry is likely to look substantially different than it does today.
Smith & Harroff, Inc. (S&H) has decades of experience navigating change and working on challenging integrated communication projects for the energy industry. Our work has ranged from helping Alcan Aluminum successfully expand their hydro-electric facility in British Columbia, to improving the image of an electric utility in Nevada, to successfully communicating to policymakers that nuclear energy, our largest source of carbon-free electricity, needs to play an important role in our energy future.
S&H’s focus for the future is to partner with clean energy companies and organizations: solar, wind, nuclear energy, hydro power, biomass, geothermal and technologies under development.
With offices in Alexandria, VA, and Vancouver, BC, we are a full-service communications firm.
- Communication audits and proactive communication strategies and execution
- Brand development and image advertising
- Media relations
- Crisis communications, whistleblower strategy and regulatory response
- Marketing and business development
- Speaker training and message development
- Development of Senior Management visibility campaigns (op-eds, speaking appearances)
- 40 years of experience, and adept with state-of-the-art communications approaches and tools
- Award-winning strategies with proven results
- Diversity of experience:
- Veteran know how
- Digital savvy
- Government and political experience
Current and Past Clients – A Selected List
- Alcan Aluminum
- Sierra Pacific Power Company
- Nai Kun Offshore Wind (BC Hydro)
- Arizona Public Service
- Westinghouse Electric Company
- Large Public Power Council
- Nuclear Energy Institute
- Westport Innovations (hydrogen and natural gas)
- Cogentrix (Independent Power Producer)
- Constellation Energy
- US Department of Energy